Blog Post #2

I have no experience using MS Word. I prefer to use Google Docs for a couple of reasons. It auto-saves, it is easy to access on different devices, and you can share your work with anyone. 

The concept of digital natives is interesting, and I agree that there is a difference in digital natives and immigrants. Being a digital native means you grew up on the internet (also known as "chronically online" to some people). There is definetly a difference between how digital natives and immigrants use the internet, such as what services they use, and how they use them. Throughout my learning experience, I have used technology, however college has exposed me to lots of different ways it can be used such as Canvas, Canva, and Padlet. I have no idea what the future holds for students. It seems like technology is progressing so rapidly and I am not sure how the education system will keep up. I guess we will see!

Slide Questions: 

1. I don't think that people born in the age of technology are fundamentally different than others, but as technology progresses so does the way we do things. 

2. When you were born doesn't always determine how comfortable you are with technology, but it is a good indicator. 

3. I agree that digital natives learn best in media rich environments. 

4. New doesn't always mean better, so I disagree that older approaches to instruction are ineffective. 

5. I agree that digital natives have shorter attention spans. 

6. This is totally false, whether or not you like reading is a personal preference. 

7. Same as above, everyone learns differently! 


Comments

  1. Hi Paige!
    I definitely agree that digital natives could be labeled under the common saying “chronically online”. It shows their relationship to technology and the internet as they can’t be “chronically online” and unfamiliar with technology. I don’t believe it only corresponds with age, it’s more based on what you’ve been surrounded by and at what age. For example, I believe GenZ is starting to get out of the digital native category and soon will be digital natives like the generations older than us and GenAlpha will be the new wave of digital natives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #5

Creative Commons lisence